MINELAB EXCALIBUR II Metal Detector (BBS with 10" Coil)
Minelab’s Excalibur II is built for underwater performance. This detector features Minelab’s multi-frequency BBS technology. BBS stands for Broad Band Spectrum. This technology simultaneously transmits, receives, and analyses a broad band of multiple frequencies to give fantastic depth, high sensitivity, and accurate discrimination on a wide range of target types. It also features RCB, Receive Coil Boost, circuitry. This technology greatly amplifies weak target signals inside the search coil. This has 3 advantages over typical techniques of amplification inside a control box:
- Greater immunity to electrical noise which reduces false signals
- No loss of strength or faint targets through the cable
- Improved detection depth and sensitivity
The Excalibur II is designed for coin shooting, relic hunting, jewelry hunting, beach hunting, and diving. It is fully submersible up to 200 feet and comes standard with Koss 8-ohm hardwired headphones. The BBS technology on the Excalibur II operates at frequencies from 1.5 kHz to 25.5 kHz. It features 2 detection modes: Discriminate and All Metal. Discrimination is variable and adjustable. This detector does not have an LCD screen and is controlled by knobs. These knobs adjust the volume, sensitivity, and discrimination. Ground balancing is automatic, sensitivity is automatic and manual, threshold is adjustable.
The Excalibur II operates on a rechargeable battery pack but can use alkaline batteries with an optional accessory. The shaft is adjustable and can be set up for land use or diving use. The Excalibur II comes standard with a 10” round Double-D hardwired search coil. Users can purchase an 8” search coil instead. This detector is heavier than a lot of land detectors at 4.6 pounds with the 8” search coil and 5.1 pounds with the standard 10” search coil.
- BBS 17 frequency technology (1.5kHz – 25.5kHz).
- High Visibility (Hi-Vis) fluorescent bodywork.
- Slimline 10″ coil for reduced weight and improved balance.
- NiMH Rechargeable battery pack for operation up to 12 hours.
- Hi-Vis Skid plate.
- Side-mount shaft for shallow and surf-wading (available as an optional accessory).